AR Code § 16-81-113 (2019)
- When determining if one (1) party to an act of domestic abuse is the predominant aggressor, a law enforcement officer shall consider the following factors based upon his or her observation:
- (a) Statements from parties to the act of domestic abuse and other witnesses;
- (b) The extent of personal injuries received by parties to the act of domestic abuse;
- (c) Evidence that a party to the act of domestic abuse acted in self-defense; or
- (d) Prior complaints of domestic abuse if the history of prior complaints of domestic abuse can be reasonably ascertained by the law enforcement officer.
- (ii) A law enforcement officer may consider any other relevant factors when determining if one (1) party to an act of domestic abuse is the predominant aggressor