LA. REV. STAT. § 14:35.3(B)(3). DOMESTIC ABUSE BATTERY
(a) Domestic abuse battery is the intentional use of force or violence committed by one household member upon the person of another household member.
(b) For purposes of this section:
(5) “Household member” means any person of the opposite sex presently living in the same residence or living in the same residence within five years of the occurrence of the domestic abuse battery with the defendant as a spouse, whether married or not, or any child presently living in the same residence or living in the same residence within five years immediately prior to the occurrence of domestic abuse battery, or any child of the offender regardless of where the child resides.
(6) “Serious bodily injury” means bodily injury that involves unconsciousness, extreme physical pain, or protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty, or a substantial risk of death.
(7) “Strangulation” means intentionally impeding the normal breathing or circulation of the blood by applying pressure on the throat or neck or by blocking the nose or mouth of the victim.
(l) Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, if the domestic abuse battery involves strangulation, the offender shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not more than three years.
LA. REV. STAT. §2. DEFINITIONS
B. In this Code, “crime of violence” means an offense that has, as an element, the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against the person or property of another, and that, by its very nature, involves a substantial risk that physical force against the person or property of another may be used in the course of committing the offense or an offense that involves the possession or use of a dangerous weapon. The following enumerated offenses and attempts to commit any of them are included as “crimes of violence”:
… (45) Domestic abuse aggravated assault.
… (47) Aggravated assault upon a dating partner.
(48) Domestic abuse battery punishable under R.S. 14:35.3(L), (M)(2), (N), (O), or (P).
(49) Battery of a dating partner punishable under R.S. 14:34.9(L), (M)(2), (N), (O), or (P).